PAN Aadhaar Link Status: The Indian government closed the online process to link PAN cards with Aadhar on July 31, 2023. If you haven’t linked your PAN card with your Aadhar card, you will need to apply for a new PAN card. Many people have already linked their PAN card with their Aadhar card either online or during the PAN card application.
To check the status of linking Aadhar with PAN, you can use the online method. Alternatively, you can also check the status by sending an SMS. Follow the steps below to check your Aadhar and PAN linking status through SMS.
Aadhar link with Pan Status
A PAN card is an important document for money transactions. To continue using transaction services, it is mandatory to link your Aadhar card with your PAN card. The last date to link Aadhar with PAN was 31st July 2023.
At present, an official procedure for linking your Aadhar card with your PAN card is not available. It would be necessary for you to personally visit the department and adhere to the advised procedures. However, before visiting the department, you may verify the status of the linkage between your Aadhar card and PAN card using your mobile phone. Should your Aadhar card already be linked with your PAN card, there is no cause for concern.
Check Aadhar link status with Pan card by SMS
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still check the status of your PAN card and Aadhar card linking. Just send an SMS to the government and they will send you the status of your PAN card to your mobile number. Follow these steps to check your Aadhar card linking status with PAN card via SMS:
- First of all open the message app in your mobile phone.
- Now enter this message : UIDPAN < 12 digit Aadhar card number> <10 digit PAN card number>
- Now send this SMS to this mobile number: 56161 or you can also send the request to this number also: 567678.
You will receive a message from the income text department soon, informing you about the status of your PAN card being linked to your Aadhar card.
Check Aadhar link Status with PAN card through Online
To check the status of your PAN card link with your Aadhar Card, you can visit the official website of the Income Tax Department. Use this link: PAN Aadhaar Link Status
- To get started, please visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India. You can access it by using this link: https://www.incometax.gov.in. Alternatively, you can click on the PAN Aadhaar Link Status link to be redirected.
- After that, you will see various services related to tax and PAN cards. You need to look out for the quick links section and find the Aadhaar status link.
- After this, you will reach a new page where You have to enter your 10-digit PAN card number and 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- now click on the submit button.
Don’t forget to submit your request to check the status of your Aadhar card linked with your PAN card on the official website. If your Aadhar card and PAN card are not linked, you’ll see a message that says “record not found.”
Link Aadhaar with Pan card
Currently, the process to link an Aadhaar card with a PAN card is unavailable. Please check the Income Tax Department’s official website for any updates.